Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What's a fringed hobo bag between friends?!

Started planning well in advance of my friend Liz's birthday this year.  What to get for the girl who loves funky modern yet feminine things, with a vintage twist? 

Who am I kidding, I knew I'd make her something.  Crochet another scarf?  It's a sure hit, and she loves a handmade scarf.  (or 2, or 10).  But another one?  Hmmmm... 

and then it hit me.  I should make her the fringed hobo bag from Amy Butler's Style Stitches book I've been meaning to try for-EVER!  Perfect! 

I would never have guessed how many cut pieces would go into making a bag!  Never!  If I remember right, this thing has about 30 pieces - including the outer fabric, lining, and all of the interfacing.  Whew!!!  Good thing I didn't figure that out until I had already cut the "hobo" shape out of my Melody Miller fabric, or I might have just given up in cutting despair.  But no, I caried on. 

So glad I did!!! 

Want to see it?!!!

























And here's the little zippered pouch that coordinates with it...


I love it!   I hope she does too.  Happy Birthday Liz!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment