Friday, September 9, 2011

The mail must go through!!!

We all got new shoes recently, and as the shoeboxes began stacking up, I got inspired to make something out of them.  What does one make with a bunch of empty shoeboxes, you ask? 

I'm so glad you asked!

I spraypainted them out on the driveway (got some funny looks from the neighbors), and turned them into mailboxes for Dog, Cat, Fish, Bird, Frog, and Pony. 






Why, you ask? 

I thought it might be fun to make a matching game for my little ones - with pictures, words, and numbers!  So once the mailboxes were labeled, I made letters and postcards for them to deliver.


And what do our little mail carriers use to haul the mail around to all of the mailboxes?  Why, mail bags, of course! 



I used Skip to my Lou's reversible tote bag tutorial, with a rainbow home-dec weight material and a bandana as the lining fabric.  

So much fun!!!  I hope they'll like playing with it!  And, the song is stuck in my head!  The mail must go through.... no matter if it rains or snows, the mail must go through!  No complaints though, it replaces "In the garden of vegetables" as the current "stuck in my head" selection, and none to soon either! 

Happy mailing!


No comments:

Post a Comment